At Web Assembler I believe in transparency and I am committed to providing clear information about my privacy practises. I have a few fundamental principles:
- I store personal information for only as long as I have reason to keep it
- I aim to limit the amount of personal data I gather to protect your privacy
- I aim for full transparency on how I gather, use and share your personal information
Web Assembler (“Web Assembler”, or the “Service”) is a website support and maintenance business aimed at helping small to medium sized businesses as well as agencies create and maintain their website needs. Web Assembler is owned and operated by Anthony Vickery-Hartnell (“I”, “me”, or “my”). As a customer of the Service or a representative of an entity that’s a customer of the Service, you’re a “Member” according to this agreement (or “you”).
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information I hold, or you have a concern about the way in which I have handled any privacy matter, you are more than welcome to contact me at email@example.com
Information I Collect
I only collect information about you if I have a reason to do so – for example to communicate with you or to make my Service better.
Information you provide to me
While using my Service, I may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Basic contact information: I ask for basic information about you so that I can contact you, for example through my contact form. At minimum this is your name and email address. You may provide me with more information such as information about your business – but I don’t require it to contact you.
- Credentials: Depending on the services that you use you may provide me with credentials for your self-hosted website (like SSH, FTP and SFTP username and password).
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from me, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
Information I Collect Automatically.
I also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most website operators, I collect information that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
How I use information
I use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide my Services to you. For example, to charge you for any of my paid Services;
- To monitor and protect the security of my Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Web Assembler and others;
- To communicate with you and provide customer support.
- To personalize your experience using my Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant content.
I do not sell your personal information and will only share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
- Third-party vendors: I may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to me, or to provide their services to you or your site. This includes vendors that help me provide my Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, payment providers you use for your own ecommerce operations, cloud storage services, email delivery services that help me stay in touch with you and email support services that help me communicate with you, registrars, registries, data escrow services that allow me to provide domain registration services, and your hosting provider if your site is not hosted by me); those that make tools to help me run my operations (like programs that help me with task management, scheduling, word processing, email and other communications; other third-party tools that help me manage operations.
- As required by law: To comply with a legal obligation or to protect and defend the rights or property of Web Assembler
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to me, please note that I transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom and process it there.
In order for me to understand how visitors use my website and to monitor the performance of my website I utilise a Google Analytics which is loaded onto the website if you consent to the use of analytics cookies in the website cookie banner. You can visit Google Analytics data policy page here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/4597324?hl=en
Links to Other Sites
I have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into my system that affects you in any way, then I will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action I took in response.
Safeguarding Your Information
I take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
25/08/23 – Updated the Analytics section to included Google Analytics