At Web Assembler I believe in transparency and I am committed to providing clear information about my privacy practises. I have a few fundamental principles:
- I store personal information for only as long as I have reason to keep it
- I aim to limit the amount of personal data I gather to protect your privacy
- I aim for full transparency on how I gather, use and share your personal information
Web Assembler (“Web Assembler”, or the “Service”) is a website support and maintenance business aimed at helping small to medium sized businesses create and maintain their website needs. Web Assembler is owned and operated by Anthony Hartnell (“I”, “me”, or “my”). As a customer of the Service or a representative of an entity that’s a customer of the Service, you’re a “Member” according to this agreement (or “you”).
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information I hold, or you have a concern about the way in which I have handled any privacy matter, you are more than welcome to contact me via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information I Collect
I only collect information about you if I have a reason to do so – for example to communicate with you or to make my Service better.
Information you provide to me
While using my Service, I may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Personally identifiable information: I ask for basic personally identifiable information (PII) from you so that I can contact you, for example through my contact form and the contact form on each of my service pages. At minimum this is your name and email address. You may provide me with more information such as information about your business – but I don’t require it to contact you.
- Credentials: Depending on the services that you use you may provide me with credentials for your self-hosted website (like SSH, FTP and SFTP username and password).
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from me, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
Information I Collect Automatically.
I also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most website operators, I collect information that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
- Usage data — when you visit my site, I will store the following
- Your anonymised IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Title of the page being viewed (Page Title)
- URL of the page being viewed (Page URL)
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (Referrer URL)
- Screen resolution being used
- Time in local user’s timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked
- Pages generation time (the time it takes for webpages to be generated by the webserver and then downloaded by the user
- Location of the user: country, region, city, approximate latitude and longitude
- Main Language of the browser being used (
- User Agent of the browser being used (
I process this usage data in Matomo Analytics for statistical purposes, to improve my site and to recognise and stop any misuse.
Opt-out of website tracking
You can opt out of being tracked by my Matomo Analytics instance below:
You may choose to prevent this website from aggregating and analyzing the actions you take here. Doing so will protect your privacy, but will also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and creating a better experience for you and other users.
You have the right to be informed of Personal Data processed by Web Assembler, a right to rectification/correction, erasure and restriction of processing. You also have the right to ask Web Assembler for a structured, common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to Web Assembler.
I can only identify you via your email address and I can only adhere to your request and provide information if I have Personal Data about you through you having made contact with me directly and/or you using my site and/or service. I cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that I store on behalf of my users or customers.
How I use information
I use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide my Services to you. For example, to charge you for any of my paid Services;
- To monitor and protect the security of my Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Web Assembler and others;
- To communicate with you and provide customer support.
- To personalize your experience using my Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant content.
I do not sell your personal information and will only share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
- Third-party vendors: I may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to me, or to provide their services to you or your site. This includes vendors that help me provide my Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, payment providers you use for your own ecommerce operations, cloud storage services, email delivery services that help me stay in touch with you and email support services that help me communicate with you, registrars, registries, data escrow services that allow me to provide domain registration services, and your hosting provider if your site is not hosted by me); those that make tools to help me run my operations (like programs that help me with task management, scheduling, word processing, email and other communications; other third-party tools that help me manage operations.
- As required by law: To comply with a legal obligation or to protect and defend the rights or property of Web Assembler
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to me, please note that I transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom and process it there.
In order for me to understand how visitors use my website and to monitor the performance of my website I utilise Matomo Analytics which is hosted on my own server. This means there are no third-parties taking ownership, no on-selling of data and no-one looking in. Further details can be found here: https://matomo.org/100-data-ownership/
Links to Other Sites
I have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into my system that affects you in any way, then I will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action I took in response.
Safeguarding Your Information
I take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
- Updated on 21/04/2022 – Added link to read more about data security for Matomo under “Analytics”.
- Updated on 08/03/2022 – Added information about Matomo analytics under “Information I Collect Automatically”.